14/4/10

City Cycle concept bike

Posted on Thứ Tư, tháng 4 14, 2010 by Pro-ID group

I am back from a short family vacation, so I am extra busy today trying to catch up on some work. I want to quickly passing along a reader submitted design before the weekend, but first I will point you toEric Stoddard’s commentary on Mark Sanders’ presentation at the Bicycle Design Trend Forum, which I mentioned in my last post.
The City Cycle concept, shown here, was the final school project of Christian Vollmer, a recent graduate of the University of Applied Sciences in Darmstadt, Germany. The bike is a Pedelec type, meaning that the electric motor assists pedaling, but cannot replace it (no throttle control). Christian points out the bike was developed “based on urban lifestyle and usability as the commuter does not necessarily want to be a cyclist. It’s not about cycling it’s about getting from A to B in a comfortable, reliable way without looking like a sports geek.”

“The shown bike is a concept to display the differences between commuting and racing.
The integrative design creates a clean visual appearance and also protects the technical parts from vandalism and destruction of inner city influences.”

Back to work for me, but see a few more pictures and ren

derings of Christian’s concept bike below.






















By Jame

No Response to "City Cycle concept bike"

Leave A Reply