29/5/10

Seoul cycle design competition 2010

Posted on Thứ Bảy, tháng 5 29, 2010 by Pro-ID group

Several readers have emailed me lately suggesting that I post a link to the

suggesting that I post a link to thedesignboom post about the Seoul Cycle Design Competition. I actually already mentioned it, but it was buried in a post full of links, so I can see how many people didn’t notice it. The competition has three categories: cycle design, infrastructure and fashion accessories. It is free to enter and the deadline for registration is July 5th, so get started working on your designs. You could win a portion of the $46,000 in prize money that they will be giving away.

Earlier this week, I briefly mentioned the new sub 700 gram Cervelo R5ca frame. Bike Radargives us a first look at the new bike. Nice! I can’t wait to see what the “clowns” at Chrome Hearts do with this one.

Also at Bike Radar, I noticed these new 190 gram Look Keo blade carbon pedals, which use a carbon leaf spring in place of the traditional wound metal spring. The pedal surface is significantly larger too, which is something that I really like (by the way, I currently use Keo pedals on my road bikes because I like the larger platforms).

Quickrelease.TV ask the question, Can art get more people on bikes? Any thoughts?

Finally, I will mention this Bike Portland post titled, 100 miles on a tall bike. I don’t have anything to add, but I wanted to pass the link along because I just couldn’t stop looking at the “Peleton” picture. I have just never seen a paceline of tall bike riders in Lycra…quite a sight.

For all of you reading in the US, have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Posted in Concept, Road.

Tagged with , , , , .

No Response to "Seoul cycle design competition 2010"

Leave A Reply